Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Everyone has a blog, so why shouldn't I?




After months of procrastination and the proddings from some friends and family members, I have finally decided to sit down and create this blog. I hope it will give everyone a pretty good idea of what life is like at our house, or at least be a place to keep all of my brains ramblings...


The most exciting event to happen at our house this week, is the arrival of our newest family member...no, I didn't have the world's quickest pregnancy; I was lucky enough to be the recipient of Lizzy, a bearded dragon, who was the neglected pet of one of my students. Lizzy is about 8 inches long with adorable orange spikes in her "beard". She is so sweet, and I fell in love with her the first time I picked her up. She looked at me with this look of relief, and she rested her chin on my hand and closed her eyes. Right then and there, I knew it was a done deal...she was coming home with me. Lizzy is not perfect...she is in need of alot of love. She has an appointment to go to the vet tomorrow. I think she may have an intestinal parasite due to her lack of proper diet and care. Hopefully, we can get her on her way to having a very happy, energetic life.


I also would like to say how exciting it was to watch the inauguration of President Obama this morning with my boys. Today feels like a new chapter for our country and it feels fresh, and new and soooo good. Hooray for America!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is the best thing to happen to me all day! Your boys are adorable and if a lizard can be cute, well then, that is one cute lizard! So good to be in touch again! (And I am also so excited about our new president!)

    ReplyDelete