Friday, April 3, 2009

Celebrating Spring (even if it is still snowing)...






Last Sunday we had a "Spring Celebration" at our house with Danny's brother Jeff, our sis-in-law Wendi, and our nephews, Drew and Will. We made corn beef and cabbage in honor of St. Patrick's Day...
During the meal we read stories about Persephone and why spring comes back when she comes to earth. We talked about the different snake legends and why they are a symbol for spring. We made "snake" pastries (you can see them in the above picture) out of eclair dough and we coated them with chocolate.

We also made paper mache eggs out of balloons. It was so fun to sit around the table with our family, dipping our hands in goo, talking to one another and getting all crafty. I really enjoyed it. Although it took some time to finish, and the boys were complaining that it took "forever" to complete, I was glad that we were all stuck at the table together, spending some good, quality time with one another. I am so thankful for such great family like Jeff and Wendi, and for their willingness and interest in teaching our kids about different cultures and holidays. We always have fun, meaningful times together. Life would be pretty boring without them!

2 comments:

  1. Awww thanks! And DITO for you guys! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'm dying over the snake pastries. Can I get the recipe?

    ReplyDelete