Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Busy, Fun Saturday! Did I mention we met Floyd Landis?

On Saturday, Danny and I loaded up the kids to go watch Stage 5 of the Tour of Utah. We cheered at the finish line as all the riders came in and then we decided to take a walk up by where all the team cars were sitting. We look over, and we both see Floyd Landis standing by his team car talking to people. Danny and I have been fans of Floyd for years, and it was hard to keep our emotions subdued...we didn't want to seem like the crazy out-of-control fans. Danny walked up to him and said, "Do you mind getting a picture with me and my son?" So, I took their picture and then said, "Can I have my picture taken with you too? I love you too!" and Floyd laughed and said, "Sure." So I pass my camera to Danny and I put my arm around Mr. Landis and he says to me, "Sorry I'm all wet." and I look at him and reply, "It's all good!" and he laughs again and says, "Yes it is!" It was one of those experiences that you get more excited about the more time goes by. He was very nice and I'm so happy we had the opportunity to meet him! After we finished at the Tour of Utah, we headed up to Sandy for the Monster Jam Monster Truck show, featuring "Grave Digger"!


The boys were so amped up. They were cheering and dancing to the extremely loud music...


Look at Jesse's face....he just cracks me up! He kept making his monster truck sound effects, but it makes him look a little constipated or like he has a case of really bad road rage...As you can see, there is no lack of testosterone at our house! Anyhoo, that was our Saturday...it was a great day, but boy, I was exhausted by the time it was over. And hot. And very sticky...








2 comments:

  1. You are a great mom of boys!! Don't know who Floyd is but glad you got to meet him and were able to maintain your cool. We have only met "Disney Channel" people. I would totally make a fool of myself if I ever encountered someone I "loved."

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that you got to meet someone you have been a fan of! You must really love the guy to let him put his sweaty arm around you :) Love the pics from the monster truck show!

    ReplyDelete