Thursday, April 29, 2010
Keep Moving Forward...
Hello, again. I am slowly returning to feeling almost normal. I'm functioning on a little more sleep and I feel a schedule slowly starting to emerge in our new life. I've got the feedings down, I can recognize the signs of all the different cries, and I'm feeling a bit more motivated to get out into the world and socialize a bit. Tucker is a really good baby. And I promise I'm not just saying that to sugar coat my blog. He really is. I think the hardest part of becoming a parent for the third time, is dealing with the feelings and emotions of number one and two. Of course they love their new brother, but they can't help but feel that mom and dad are completely preoccupied. Jesse has reverted to throwing himself on the floor and throwing two year old tantrums, and James had disappeared behind his Ipod and his DS. I keep telling Dan that this too shall pass, and that if we make a special time for each one of them everyday, that we will discover a new norm. It's just finding the time that is hard. I feel like I am always feeding or changing Tucker, and when he is asleep, I am trying to get neglected chores completed. So, I am feeling a little tattered. It's hard to feel like you're being pulled in four different directions, by so many people who have real needs, but you just don't know who's needs are more important. So, I'm asking all of you wise mothers out there, do you have any words of advice on how you find the time (and energy) to spend quality time with each child or anything that we can do to make this transition time a little easier on us all?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wish I had answers for you. I feel like I neglect the ones I love all the time. I think you're on the right track though with setting aside time each day with each child... Like a special breakfast date with James and a lunch date with Jesse? Something that you guys can look forward to each day? I always had ambitions to do something like this with my boys, but never did... All I can say is this too shall pass and I know you will make this new life work for you because you are awesome! Good luck! I love you!
ReplyDeleteI always feel like each of my kids are neglected (except for Beckett and he is 2 now). I remember telling my kids when Bex was a newborn that after he turned "one" that things wouldn't be so crazy. Like you mentioned, you just come into a "new normal." Things will never be the same but it is okay. The boys have parents that love and take care of them. I have no doubt that you guys are doing the best you can and that is all you can do. The feedings ARE very time-consuming. I think that is the hardest but it also forces kids to become more independent. They all just find a new place in the family. I wish I could give you some good advice but I really don't have any...just that it will all work out!
ReplyDelete