Wow. The last two weeks have been a lot of fun, but very busy. I am behind in my updates...so, I thought I would do a short synopsis of what we have been up to:
My brother Jeff just got a Burmese Mountain Dog puppy. He named her Meisha (Jesse calls her Weisha!). We think she is so fun and adorable. Jeff has brought her over to our house a couple of times, and our boys love to run around with her in the backyard. The last time she came over, she did so much running that she fell asleep on our tile floor on her belly with her back legs layed straight out...she wouldn't budge...even when it was time to go home!Easter flew by! On Saturday we had an Easter egg hunt with my siblings. We had a nice lunch, made candy bags with the kids, and of course there was a lot of treats to be found in the backyard. It felt so good to have everyone over. I really enjoyed catching up with my family and getting to see my baby nephew Henry for the
first time at a family event.
Later that evening, Danny and I decorated eggs with the boys who have adapted the shirtless/hang out in my boxer briefs look for the season...then it was off to bed to anticipate the arrival of the Easter bunny!


James received a new Spongebob lego set that he got to work on right away. Jesse is our car man. He got a Hotwheels set. He could be heard motoring through the house most of the afternoon. For Easter dinner we had been invited to Dan's folks house and we ate with all of his siblings. The Easter egg hunt was made even more special because Gran
And finally....my 32nd Birthday came along. My parents took us out to a Japanese restaurant with my little sisters and our boys. We sat around the Hibachi grill and watched a chef cook our food. It was hilarious to watch the reactions of Jesse, who thought everything was "awesome!" He kept saying, "Holy smokes! That was awesome!" 
I'm just really thankful he didn't say OMG or "Holy sh**!" He has been known to drop some pretty good bombs at very inopportune times!
We also had the opportunity to go out to dinner on my birthday with our good friends JJ and Amy. We always have a great time with them. They are fun, down to earth people and are just way easy
to be around. We shared a huge plate of nachos that I honestly didn't think that we would all finish, but I was wrong. We polished that plate!!! It was an exciting night.
And just for fun...I thought I'd add a very special photo. We decided for our wedding anniversary, to take the kids along on a bike ride and then out to dinner. Well, you know how sometimes you have this perfect vision in your head as to how the day is going to go, and you think that the kids are just going to love this experience and have so much fun? Well, our Jesse decided that the music we were listening to in the car wasn't his taste, and so he had a major melt down on the way to the trail head. It was so explosive I had to record it for posterity. Enjoy!

Glad you had a good birthday, Easter, and anniversary! I love the picture of the tantrum, and I am dying over the picture of Jeff--when did he grow up???
ReplyDeleteYou look so great! Thanks for all the pictures!
Wow Kel, you have been busy. I'm glad you guys had your own easter egg hunt as siblings. That's so great! I wish Grandma still did an easter egg hunt. I never did get to experience that with my own child :( I love all the pics, especially the last one of Jesse! Priceless!
ReplyDelete