Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Day of the Book Nerds...


Today was a memorable day for James. His favorite author, Brandon Mull, of Fablehaven fame, was signing books at Costco today. So, he and I went over there this afternoon and waited in line to meet him. James kept telling me, "Mom, I'm really nervous. I don't know what I'll say to him." But when it was finally our turn to say hello, James did just fine. He told Mr. Mull, "I'm such a big fan of your books. You did a great job writing them!" It was so fun to see him meet someone he admires. James wants to be an author when he grows up. I told him that maybe one day, he'll be on the other side of the desk signing books for a little boy who is nervous to meet him....only the future can tell.....

3 comments:

  1. Wow~ How cool for James! I feel like a nerd because I've never even heard of the guy, nor his books... guess I better check them out! Are they similar to the Harry Potter type of book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience for James! I'm glad he loves reading books and I'm sure he'll make a great author one day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I'm sure he will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete