Saturday, May 30, 2009

May Madness



Finally! I can sit down and update everyone on what has been going on at the Bergstrom house this month. It has been a crazy month. I feel like I haven't even had time to pee. The last month of school is always stressful and I was taking my work home with me, which left me very little time to check up on things in cyberland. However, a lot of fun things occurred in May, and I would like to share them with you:



Jesse turned "4"! We had a race car birthday party at our home and we enjoyed every minute. We had dinner with our family and the kids beat up the pinata. Jesse helped design his birthday cake; he wanted a monster truck "smooshing" a line of cars, 'just like at the monster jam'. Later that evening we watched the DVD of his first year, and I burst out in tears when I realized how big he is now. This was a bit of an emotional birthday for me!




Danny and I gave Jesse his first "two wheel" bike, and it was great watching him ride around on it. The best feature on the bike is the bell. Jesse is obsessed with ringing it. He can't ride without ringing the bell, but the great thing is that we can always hear where he is.



For Mother's Day, we visited our parents, but we made a special visit to my Grandma Cardwell's house. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful Grandmother. She has taught me what it means to be a loving, thoughtful, generous human being. I just love her...


Mid month we had the pleasure of watching our good friends little boy Zach! He is so much fun to have around, and my boys adore him. He got to come along on our family hike to Bridalveil Falls, up Provo Canyon. It was a beautiful day for a nice walk. We watched Kayaks in the river, splashed in the water, and we played at Vivian park. It was a lovely afternoon.

Jesse's preschool program turned out great. He looked so cute up there. My favorite part was watching him sign to a song about the colors of the rainbow. It was too cute. We were happy that G&G Bergstrom and my mom and sister Carly could come and watch. My class performed after the preschoolers. I was so nervous for them, but they pulled it off beautifully. I accompanied them on my guitar....which, after a disastrous program 8 years ago, I promised myself that I would never play the guitar in a program again....however, luck was on my side that night, and it turned out awesome. And thank goodness for my husband who helped me with the technical aspects of my DVD that we showed at the end. Without him, there would have been no sound and the pictures would have been too big for the screen. I love that man, and I know he always has my back!




The last week of school at Bell Canyon Montessori was busy, but a ton of fun. I took the kids hiking. We went to Bells Canyon Reservoir and had a picnic. The kids did really well and it was fun spending time with them and the parent volunteers. We also had a read-a-thon and a water day at the park day. I am going to miss some of these kids. About half are moving on to new schools next year, and it was really hard to see them walk out the door. I just kept hugging everybody and told them that they better come and visit me. I hope they had fun this year and I hope that their experiences with me will make some sort of positive impact on their lives.



James has an obsession with "Jaws" right now. He breathes, eats, and sleeps sharks. He has gathered all the books he can find in our library on sharks and the other day he came down stairs with a lego shark that he built. James has always had a hunger to learn...and I love that about him. It's a special thing when you can sit together and learn about something that your child is passionate about.






To Celebrate the last day of school, the boys and I filled up 100 water balloons and had a good old fashioned water fight in our back yard with a run through the sprinklers for a finale. Jesse dubbed himself the "water master" and went around the yard beating his chest. Of course, everyone wants to get mom back for all the chores and momness she creates, so I was soaking wet. But, we had a good time together and laughed a lot. I am looking forward to this summer and to many fun outdoor activities! Happy Summer Everyone!



























































4 comments:

  1. It's great reading everything you guys have been up to :) You are such a great mom and teacher! I just love ya! I'll see you at the BBQ this Friday hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Loved the update! This explains your ellusiveness lately! I miss you! Plan for a hike or two with us this summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Our month of May was just as crazy. Such cute boys and fun memories! I rarely watch videos of my kids as babies because it is just too painful!! Time goes way to fast-what is most painful is that I forget what they sounded like and cute things they did until I watch the videos. Four is a tough b-day for me too-they are truly a "pre-schooler" at this point-no more baby. Love the idea of a water balloon fight-I would drown if my kids could "punish" me for all the chores and "momness". We are coming to Utah at the end of this month to visit (after 10 years). Tyler, mom and dad too-hope to see you guys and everyone else too!

    ReplyDelete