Auri (my student with the stinky farts), is having a difficult time right now. His mother, who is from New Zealand, has gone home for 5 weeks and has left Auri in the care of his father. He was standing by me outside at recess today and we were just having a casual conversation about how life was going while his mom is gone. I asked him, "So, what have you and your Dad been up to?" He thinks over his answer for a moment and replies, "Well, we did have some allies come over this last weekend." "Sweet," I said, "allies are a good thing to have on your side." Thinking he was using his overactive imagination...he IS a Lord of the Rings, Fablehaven fan after all.
"What do you call those people who live far away but are in your same family?" Auri asks.
"Relatives." I say. "Oh ya. We had relatives come over last weekend."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

From now on, I am only going to refer to relatives as allies. You know, if they are nice, supportive relatives. Otherwise, I guess I will have to call them enemies.
ReplyDelete